Choose the best paper for your print job
We receive a lot of questions around how to choose the right paper type for a print job. I found a quick tips sheet at printmediacentr.com that might help out with the decision-making process.
First of all, you want to ensure that paper choice is part of the early design process. For space reasons, we don’t keep all of our paper options in stock so we may need to order that special paper for you and need the lead time to do so.
The list of questions below should help you think through a few things, like what is the print going to be used for and are you printing digital vs. offset, etc.
And if you still have no idea what type of paper you want to use, be sure and contact your helpful AGS sales representative. #MOJO The attached document will also help you understand what paper types are available for use on the Kodak Prosper 5000XLi: Kodak Paper Stocks
- What is the print going to be used for?
- How long will it be around for?
- What printing process are you using?
- What is your quantity?
- Do you require recycled or FSC certified paper?
- What color do you need? If white – how white?
- Will the same paper be needed for multiple projects over time?
- Is your file image heavy?
- Do you need to protect it with a coating?
- Do you require special effects or special finishing?
- Will the weight of the paper impact postage or shipping costs?
- Can you get matching off-the-shelf envelopes, or do you need to convert them if needed?
- Do you have time in your schedule for specialty paper, or to wait for a mill item if necessary?