Creativity is essential
Creativity is essential to be effective in your marketing endeavors. As defined by Dictionary.com:
- the state or quality of being creative.
- the ability to transcend traditional ideas, rules, patterns, relationships, or the like, and to create meaningful new ideas, forms, methods, interpretations, etc.; originality, progressiveness, or imagination: the need for creativity in modern industry; creativity in the performing arts.
- the process by which one utilizes creative ability: Extensive reading stimulated his creativity.
#2 is the key, “the ability to transcend traditional ideas, rules, patterns, relationships, or the like” – this is how your marketing can standout from your competitors.
Questions to get the most creative campaign:
- Always ask yourself, how can this idea be more creative?
- What is different about this campaign from our competitors?
- What ties this to our current marketing efforts?
- What doesn’t work? Why?
- What does work? Why?
- Will you still like the campaign in 3 months?
- Does the campaign align with your strategic plan?