Questions Your Printer Will Ask…
If they are doing their job right, a sales person for variable data printing will ask you a ton of questions…don’t be surprised if they have nothing to do with printing. Here are my top ten:
- What is your campaign goal?
- What will determine the success of the campaign?
- What kind of data do you have about your targets?
- What are the steps of the campaign?
- Why are you considering variable data for the marketing process?
- Have you used variable data to market in the past?
- How do you want to track ROI?
- Have you considered the date you’d like the pieces to appear in mail boxes?
- Have you designed the piece yet?*
- Print specifications – do you have desired paper and size of the piece?*
The more details you provide means you’ll get the best proposal.
* I recommend you talk to your printer before you design the piece. They can give you advice on postal regulations, best paper and more.