Who uses variable data printing?
Variable data printing has become fairly popular (has something to do with the excellent response rates) and thus is used across a wide range of industries.
- Politics: election campaigns, union campaigns to push voters to a particular candidate
- Hospitality: to highlight bonus/reward points and destination deals
- Non-profits: to market upcoming meetings, raise funds, market membership, member dues invoicing
- Charities: to solicit funds (example: the Smile Train’s recent mailing of labels)
- Universities and Colleges: to solicit new students and alumni donations (example: Villa Julie College)
- Retailers: to market new stores, drive sales, reward customers (example: DSW Rewards, Target Rewards)
- Manufacturing: to market new products to distributors
There is a use for variable direct marketing across all industries. Let me know what you’ve seen – samples will be posted in the future.